Monday, June 13, 2016

Monotonous modern DM here--two things interested me here, and neither was the music.  I really like the cover art, since all the military hardware reminds me of those Illustrated Guide to Modern Weapons of the USA-type books I used to love as a kid, with vehicles and ordinance spread out on the covers.  The color scheme and flying jet also immediately bring the first Raise Hell album to mind.
The guitarist is Gene Hoglan's girlfriend, which I found impressive given his body type.  Based on some videos I saw, she seems like a bit of a horn-throwing "WIMMEN RAWK!" airhead though, so perhaps there was a bit of a tradeoff there (don't get me wrong, I wouldn't hesitate to mock Gene's weight or many of the bands he's been involved with, but he seems like a well-spoken guy).

No comments:

Post a Comment