Monday, December 7, 2020

Let thee not pass, Abaddon!


"His Slayer and Metallica covers weren't all that bad."

"I like Cronos' solo stuff, the first Mantas album is halfway decent, and it can't be as awful as that second Mantas album.*  I really should complete the trilogy."

"Industrial metal isn't so bad.  I love Mysticum and the first Fear Factory."


Look, justify it however you want, but just be warned--I don't see anyone getting much out of this unless they're really, really into industrial rock/metal (yes, rock).

My encounters with anything even vaguely industrial** usually involve BM bands with hyperactive drum machines, so I feel trying to make meaningful commentary on this album is a waste of time.


*It is.

**I think I may have a tenuous grasp of the concept of industrial music, as I knew someone who worked adjacent to a nightclub, and the muffled sound bleeding through the shared wall was described as being similar to Throbbing Gristle.  In all seriousness, in terms of any significant experiences with industrial music, I believe I heard some oddball Nuclear Blast signee that fit the bill on a compilation once, and occasionally when I pick up a cheapo CD that looks like something metal, it ends up being industrial or darkwave.

No comments:

Post a Comment