Thursday, May 24, 2018

Dezibel Zero - Dezibel Zero


Wasn't quite sure what to expect here.  The band seemed to have a decent pedigree, with a bassist/vocalist from Desert Storm and (briefly) Minotaur, the guitarist from a relatively obscure but solid thrash band, and a drummer who would later do a short stint in Zed Yago.  I figured from the cover photo that the guys had jumped on the '90s groove bandwagon, but then I took a look at the back of the booklet:


HIP-HOP?  THIS SEEMS LIKE SNEAKY KRAUT PROMOTIONALSPEAK FOR KORN/LIMP BIZKIT EMULATION.

It's not, but it's nothing great either.  I can waste my time in far better ways than trying to thoroughly dissect the various musical influences here, but with the groove and funk influences I'm just going to use the bullshit "alternative metal" umbrella term and be done with it.  I can see some of the heavier sections being considered kinda thrashy prog. metal, but that's being extremely generous.

Based on the lineup and reuse of songs from this CD, it seems that Dezibel Zero effectively became a later Desert Storm lineup.

No comments:

Post a Comment